Sunday, September 13, 2009

Change of Pace


So, one of the things that I like about being a real adult (as opposed to the adult I imagined myself as growing up to be, although I think that adult indulged in complete self-absorbtion totally absent of income, responsibility or consequence) is that on occasion, when required or requested, I can alter the pace of my life just a bit for just a while.


And that's what I did today.

Today, I did almost nothing... short of eating (naturally), making a list of items to pack for my upcoming trip (lots more about that in future correspondence) and enjoying a couple of glasses of wine (oh my... in the middle of the day, no less).

And this I love. Nothing special is sometimes just a special as something special, if that makes sense. Yesterday I spent the day hanging out with my best girlfriends, laughing and talking and reminiscning and enjoying each other and today I am extending that luxury to another day of out-of-the-ordinary behaviour. Tomorrow, I will get back to work and from what I can see coming so far, things will be a little crazy for a little while.

But today, there is none of that. Today, there is just the sound of music in the background, pages of my favourite magazine turning and the unusual sound of what... what could that be???

The sound of squirrels duelling (or chatting or flirting) on my balcony.

I kid you not... How's that for a change of pace?

2 comments:

Johnny M said...

It is the silence between the waves that give us the ability to appreciate the roar of the ocean.

Oh...remember, you live in the 'Hammer' now...the squirrels were holding a union meeting to discuss how to protect their nuts.

Sally O'Grady said...

Oh John... there is a swell of good, laugh-filled memories with that squirrel comment. You make me giggle.

And thank you for the beauty of your observation. Right as rain you are.

Cheers, my friend