Tuesday, April 8, 2008

About that Judge and Jury Thing...


This is an interesting predicament.

I am getting lots of feedback on my last blog post, from friends (as in in-person friends I see day-to-day) as well as Facebook friends (that wonderful group of people I only know electronically but value completely)...

So that's good, right? People are reading my blog... Yippee!! Happy gal I am. But it's what they're saying...

Apparently I am causing concern. Equally from my in-person friends as my electronic ones. So I am here to hopefully calm your fears.

There is no doubt that I have been struggling with certain challenges lately, but then again, who hasn't? The blessing I am getting from this struggle is two-fold.

First, for the first time in my life probably, I am being totally open with how I'm feeling about things with people other than myself. No brave face, no smile to cover the pain. Just me. That, to me, is a blessing. It is a huge step forward in my own personal journey and am thankful for this opportunity.

Second, and what makes the first blessing even more remarkable, is that despite exposing my less-than-positive side, my weaknesses, my troubles, I am getting sincere, heart-felt messages of encouragement, hope and concern. From people I have known for years and from people I have known for days. Unexpected messages of support appear before me and I am lifted.

Could I be any luckier? I don't think so.

We all have our problems in life, that is not unique to me and mine are a cake-walk in comparison to others. What we should be thankful for, what I am enormously grateful for, is having people who are cheering me on towards better days.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No-one said that freedom was easy. After all, if it was, everyone would be doing it - and the world would be a very different place. BTW, you have a great way with words.

Sally O'Grady said...

Hi Justin... thank you for your comments. I couldn't agree more on the freedom part. We see evidence of that every day, don't we?

And as for your thoughts on my writing, a very big thank you for that! It's nice to get encouragement!

Sally

Anonymous said...

Hello, Sally!

Found your blog through Facebook, like. I haven't had time to check out all your posts, except for the recent one. I'm not much with words and whatnot, but the paths we take are the fates that we make for ourselves, and it is much more worthwhile when taken without expectation and without regret. May peace and serenity be your companions on your current journey; hopefully, happiness tags along and brightens up your day...

"Today is the best day of your life; tomorrow, EVEN BETTER!!!"

Sally O'Grady said...

Haslann, Hello!!

You, my friend, are a poet.

Thank you for your beautiful words!! Looking forward to chatting more.

Sally