Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday Night Perfection...


So, after my less-than-fun Friday night experience (and here's a word to the wise, chips & dip at 10:00 at night after a couple of cosmopolitans is, generally speaking, a bad idea... a word to the wise because I know you were thinking of going down that exact path as we speak), I have been blessed to have a purely enjoyable Saturday night.

Now, before you get all excited, or even worse, titillated, I went to my friends' home for dinner (with their two delightful children). It actually started with just dropping by for a quick drink with my girlfriend while she enjoyed some precious quiet alone time while everyone was out of the house (which, as a blessing in itself, made me remember how much I looked forward to those quiet moments I now take for granted day-to-day)... We had a glass of wine, chatted about nothing and everything at the exact same time and I found myself being able to be so present in the moment of happiness it felt like I was actually able to slow down time to really relish every moment.

Before too long, her family came home, bit by bit. Her sweet little boy who makes me miss and love my boys so much it hurts while at the same time laugh with pure happiness in his gleeful boy-ness, and then her husband and daughter.

We enjoyed a magificent dinner (not a plastic, microwavable tray to be found), some delicious wine and conversation that started with this charming little boy announcing "I could eat so much of this salmon and not even barf." Could life get more perfect than that? Not today.

I am blessed.

4 comments:

Gene said...

Nothing beats having dinner with someone close.

=) Just a passerby.

Sally O'Grady said...

I couldn't agree more, Gene... Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again!

Take care,
Sally

Unknown said...

And nothing better then realizing how blessed you are over a good dinner with a great friend
God has given us so much
:)

Sally O'Grady said...

Hi Shelby! Thanks for coming by and commenting!! You are absolutely right, it is a blessing to realize it... be present in it.

And by the way... Lollygagging?! Great word!! My dad used to say it all the time; you brought back some great memories with that. Thank you!

Sally