Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sweet Sunday Musings... or is that Musings about Sweet Sunday???


It is Sunday... I love Sunday. Now I could write a whole blog about what I like or dislike about single every day of the week, about every month, every season but for now, I'd like to chat with you about Sundays at Sally's place.

And this Sunday in particular...

It is a beautiful spring day here in little ol' Brantford Ontario. The sun is peaking in and out of the big fluffy clouds that punctuate the sky... it's not really warm out but just the presence of that sunshine makes it feel warmer to my heart and spirit and that's plenty for today, thanks!

I got up this morning and after looking sadly at the assorted piles of laundry dotting my two bedrooms, decided that they had to be priority number one. So, sort, pile, pour and off I went to throw the laundry in. If I haven't mentioned it before, I live on the third floor of a beautiful, century old apartment building that I had admired from afar for years before I was lucky enough to find myself actually living here. And I love my apartment, I really do, except for two regular occasions.... laundry day and grocery day. Up and down and up and down and up and down. My laundry room, like most, is in the basement and it makes laundry day an excellent cardio workout. The doors on all of the apartments as well as to the basement, are on automatic hinges (I'm sure there is an official, hardware store name for them, but I can't tell you what that is) that I curse and cuss at every single time I venture in and out, carrying a laundry basket filled with bits and pieces... They are heavy doors and inevitably I am caught, usually on many occasions and in many uncomfortable positions, sacrificing different appendages every time to the slam of the door. I risk life and limb on laundry day. But I love the spring fresh scent so I figure things balance out.

Load number one safely secured (and me happily back in one, albeit battered and bruised, piece) I am now ready to go about the rest of my day... stopping only to run back down and up again. Coffee has been made, newspapers fetched, music is playing... I will read and write (obviously) and chat with friends and enjoy the company of my boys for snacks, dinner, board game or some combination thereof... The day will be savoured at an easy pace that allows me to rev up when the energy hits and relax and just gaze out my window when I'm distracted by the cardinals nesting in a tree nearby.

How perfect is that? Wishing you a perfect Sunday as well, filled with people and activities that fill your soul.

No comments: