Sunday, April 20, 2008

Random Wishes for a Sunday Morning


This has been another rollercoaster of a weekend for me... having great moments of pure glee and moments of feeling impossibly low. Quite a ride for a couple of short days (well, really a day and a half since we haven't even hit noon on Sunday yet). No wonder I most often start the new week feeling completely and entirely worn out!

I started writing something late last night and ended up erasing the whole darn thing and heading to bed instead. After reading it back to myself I found it to be a meandering line of drivel that even I had trouble following and it was my life, my thoughts. But it certainly reflected the state of turmoil my mind and spirit felt at the time. Maybe erasing it completely was overkill. Oh well. Those are the actions of an unquiet mind and in moments of distress I have been known to act hastily.

So, in an effort to both ease myself back into collected, rational writings while still satisfying my own determination to keep talking with those of you out there who have blessed me with listening (and even talking back to me) I have decided that I will write a list of my wishes for this beautiful Sunday. There are two great thing about lists... First, you need only maintain a connected thought for the length of a short sentence (maybe even less, really) and second it allows you to bounce all over the place. Perfect for a Sunday and an unquiet mind.

And so today, Sunday, April 20th I wish...

... I had someone to share my morning coffee with (for the company most importantly but as well to help me decide if it's time for a new coffeemaker because I really don't think this one is up to my standards anymore)
... my son Corbin was here so I could give him a big, long hug... four months is a long time to go without hugging someone you love
... I could shake the habit of acting hastily when feeling distressed (happily this is one that I can actually work on; I'll keep you posted on how that one goes)
... I could effectively express to those who I love most how much they mean to me and how much I value them (again, something I can work on... also good!)
... I had a convertible (it's sunny and warm and you know how much I love driving on days like this)
... I could work out the details of moving all the junk off my balcony with my two other sons (muscle and large-vehicular assistance) which is seeming less and less likely today (I want my pretty, clean, tidy balcony back... it's sunny and warm, you know)
... I could fast-forward a couple months to find out if I actually win the trip to San Fransisco I'm in the running for at work... I could use a vacation (even a little one)
... I could slow down time to make this Sunday last for a couple of days (I know... a complete contradiction to my last wish; I told you I was disconnected and meandering)
... I could meet the people who are sending me their good wishes and comments from across the miles but I'll have to settle with a big, heart-felt thank you.

That's it for me for now. Except one last thing...

I wish you get all you wish for on this beautiful Sunday.


No comments: