Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Karma Works... Again


Sometimes signs just pop up and slap you in the head as if to say, "wake up, would ya?"

I was working on my blog post which was about whether you believe someone's words or actions when such a sign popped up and gave me a swift kick in the behind. Here is how the blog started...

"I have always believed that we are given the same lesson over and over again until we have it well learned and are able to either pass it along to someone else or apply the learning to better our own lives. My current challenge that I am facing in three separate but remarkably similar areas of my life right now is I'm never sure whether to believe a person's words or deeds. If a person is telling you something over and over again, repeating the same unaltered message with apparent commitment and honesty but in actions seems to convey the exact opposite message, which are you to believe? It's like when someone tells you yes as they shake their head no. The conviction of the person delivering the message, the sincerity of the delivery, don't those things mean something? Shouldn't they be taken with the same weight as the actions that either precede or follow? Or is it merely a case of hearing what we want or need to hear? And then having the actions there to back up the underlying fear of what we know to be true."

So this is how my blog started and in the middle... right there... one of the individuals I was referring to actually confirmed the actions I was trying to overlook with the words I didn't want to hear. If that's not a sign I don't know what is.

Karma, as they say, works. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always the actions. You are so right. Your heart wants to ignore the actions and hear only the words but the truth seems to be in the actions.